This week’s nautical news. First one of 2011! Best, Wendy
1. Inspired horse tales of ocean survival [little off topic]:
2. Elements expose wrecked steamer . more…
Special thanks to Peter Bell, Susan Langley, and Ole Varmer for sending in news items.
1. Ahoy, leave that ship alone [Ballina, NSW]:
2. Historic . more…
Special thanks to Brian Jordan, Susan Langley, Alexandre Monteiro, Mark Polzer,and Adam Wolfe for sending in news items.
1. AIMA 2011 shipwreck photography competition:
2. ACUA archaeological . more…
Special thanks to Susan Langley for sending in a news item.
1. Rare French naval gun buried up to 180 years:
2. Thieves steal artifact . more…
Special thanks to Ross Anderson and Luka Bekic for sending in news items.
1. Mysteries of the deep revealed [NSW, National Marine Science Centre]:
2. . more…
Special thanks to Matt Carter, Paul F. Johnston, Michael McCarthy, Susan Langley, and Adam Wolfe for sending in news items.
1. Waardevolle schatten . more…
Special thanks to Massimiliano Secci, Deciana Speckmann, and Mark Staniforth for sending in news items.
1.Dutch hand over priceless ship artifacts” [official repatriation of . more…
Special thanks to Ross Anderson and Ralph Pedersen for sending in news items.
1. Shipwreck finder gets honorary Order of Australia Medal [David Mearns]:
2. . more…
Special thanks to Alistair Paterson and Mark Polzer for sending in news items.
1. National Geographic names Pembrokeshire as second best coastal destination in . more…
Special thanks to Susan Langley for sending in news items.
1. Professor [Nathan Richards] enlightens Oriental on its name-sake steamer:
2. Trafalgar account is rare . more…